INFINITY SCHOOL is seeking an Early Learner Guide!
Infinity School is seeking a Guide who is ready to change education in London, ON. This is an opportunity to be a founding force in an innovative program. Infinity School is a private elementary school that blends state-of-the-art software, quest-like projects with real world applications, and Socratic discussions in a multi-age, student-led studio.
The Early Learner Guide will oversee a class of up to 10 students aged four to seven. She or he will be responsible for play-based learning, facilitating Socratic group discussions, and mentoring individual students. Though most of the curriculum will be set already, the Early Learner Guide will play a role in evaluating and refining the existing curriculum, as well as designing and experimenting with new projects, tools, and approaches.
This is a position for an independent learner who embraces collaboration, prototyping, and reflection. We need someone with a deep respect for children, who is willing to step back and allow them to choose their path. It is essential that this person can learn quickly, is willing to work hard, and is an active reader and writer.
- A lifelong learner with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Montessori teacher training or registered Early Childhood Educator Diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- A good command of the French language and/ or willingness to improve French language abilities
- Experience with teaching 4-7-year-old children
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills
- An appreciation for and awareness of innovative education
- Project-based and/or experiential training is an asset
- Someone willing to pitch in to help the team when and where necessary
- Comfortable with technology and software applications
Timeline: Resumes will be accepted until Sunday, August 12th . The position begins Monday, Aug 27th.
Infinity School offers a salary commensurate with experience, plus a bonus structure based on performance.
*Copies of the book Courage to Grow will be left with receptionists at The Core Family Health Centre, 825 Richmond St in London, ON. These can be picked up to borrow any weekday until 7:30pm (4:30pm on Fridays). All those serious about committing to this position are required to read that before submitting their resumes.
Candidates should email a resume and a thoughtful cover letter that outlines how their skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to Head of School, Andrea Loewen Nair, at email@example.com. Those chosen for an interview will be contacted.