INFINITY SCHOOL is seeking an Early Learner Guide!
Infinity School is seeking a Guide who is ready to change education in London, ON. This is an opportunity to be a founding force in an innovative program. Infinity School is a private elementary school that blends state-of-the-art software, quest-like projects with real world applications, and Socratic discussions in a multi-age, student-led studio.
The Early Learner Guide will oversee a class of up to 10 students aged five to seven. She or he will be responsible for play-based learning, facilitating Socratic group discussions, and mentoring individual students. Though most of the curriculum will be set already, the Early Learner Guide will play a role in evaluating and refining the existing curriculum, as well as designing and experimenting with new projects, tools, and approaches.
This is a position for an independent learner who embraces collaboration, prototyping, and reflection. We need someone with a deep respect for children, who is willing to step back and allow them to choose their path. It is essential that this person can learn quickly, is willing to work hard, and is an active reader and writer.
As this program is just beginning at Infinity School, the first-steps for the person in this position will be to help in the program recruiting and marketing process.
- A lifelong learner with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Montessori teacher training or registered Early Childhood Educator Diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- Bilingual in the English and French languages
- Comfortable with teaching the 5-7-year-old children as well as the older children the Physical Education and French classes
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills
- An appreciation for and awareness of alternative education
- Project-based and/or experiential training is an asset
Timeline: Resumes will be accepted until Sunday, September 10th. The position begins as soon as is feasible.
Infinity School offers a salary commensurate with experience, plus a bonus structure based on performance.
Candidates should email a resume and a thoughtful cover letter that outlines how their skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to Head of School, Andrea Loewen Nair, at email@example.com. Those chosen for an interview will be contacted.