This fun camp is a place where children learn how to start a small business from scratch!
Our “Kidpreneur” camp is designed to coach, mentor, equip, and support children with the tools and skills for success to start them on the path of becoming entrepreneurs.
This camp teaches children ages 8 to 14 what is important for understanding entrepreneurship at a young age.
This interactive program doesn’t just teach young people about starting and running a business. We also aim to cultivate their capability in teamwork, leadership, creative, and critical thinking. These are essential life skills that will benefit any career path! Oh, and did we mention how much FUN we’ll have in the process?
The camp culminates in the young people presenting their product or service at the London Children’s Business Fair on May 11, 2019.
What the Young People Will Learn:
- The concepts of entrepreneurship
- How to brainstorm business ideas
- How to create a business plan
- What is essential for designing a budget for the business
- How to devise and implement a marketing plan
- How to get the business off the ground
- We will lend each participant a Chromebook computer to use for the week
- A fridge, microwave, and kettle are available for use
- All materials needed for the camp
What to Bring:
- Indoor shoes and clothes to play outside
- Lunch, snacks, and water for the day (Please note that as none of our school children have anaphylactic food allergies, we allow all food products in our building. This means we cannot guarantee a peanut free environment.)
- Your business ideas!
The camp cost is $250, which includes registration at the Children’s Business Fair (May 11, 2019).
Maximum number of student participants: 12
Dates, Times, and Location:
Monday, March 11 through to Friday, March 15, 2019
9am to 4pm (before care is available beginning at 8am, and aftercare to 5:30pm for an additional fee). The students will be finished at 3pm, and can leave anytime after that. The last hour from 3 to 4pm will be for individual work on their project.
The camp will be at Infinity School (115 Askin St) in London, ON. There is a parking lot behind the building off of Bruce St, which is where you will drop off and pick up your child(ren).
How to Register:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your child for the camp. Payment will be due at time of registration, which can be done through credit card, e-transfer, or cheque.